SC Big Brithday Bash – Sept. 8
What, a golden anniversary without a really big party? Not at Seattle Center! We’re inviting the entire community to join in the Seattle Center Big Birthday Bash sponsored by Bartell Drugs, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 8. This Big Bash features an extraordinary array of fun and fanciful activities for everyone including: five U.S. Bank Music and Arts Spotlight Stages, vintage cars and clothing, Century BallroomÒ Outdoors, Midway Amusement, roaming entertainment and thousands of cupcakes – all in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the 1962 Seattle World’s Fair and its legacy.
This community-wide party is a centerpiece of The Next Fifty celebration, with entertainment and special offers across our campus. Admission is free. Here’s a sample of what party goers will find:
- Five U.S. Bank Music and Arts Spotlight Stages
- Junior League of Seattle Kid’s Zone
- Free rides in the Wells Fargo Advisors Playway (11am – 2:30pm) *
- Free Seattle Center Monorail rides for kids 12 and under (with paying adult, 10am – 4pm) – sponsor and preferred transit provide of The Next Fifty
- Free admission to EMP Museum for ages 16 and under
- Bartell Drugs Wellness Tent
- The Big Wedding … first time or renew your vows! * *
- CupCake Palooza Contest
- Century Ballroom® Outdoors
- Cut The Birthday Cake
- Birthday greetings videos sponsored by Accenture
- SIFF’s Red Carpet It Happened at the World’s Fair film screening
- Puget Sound Business Journal photo opportunities with local sports and entertainment VIPs
- Vintage Car Show
- Mascots and Seafair Pirates
- Vintage Merchandise Booths
- Midway booths
- Bruise, wall of Jello bricks
- Free admission to the Earth Portal
- Roaming entertainment
- Mobile food vendors
Arts and cultural organizations that reside on the Seattle Center campus will offer a showcase of their upcoming seasons. The Century 21 Exhibit at the International Fountain Pavilion will be open, and Pottery Northwest will offer an Open House with clay activities for the young, demonstrations and a giant clay birthday cake. In addition, Teatro ZinZanni will hold an Open House with backstage tours every half hour, stations where people can try their hand at circus skills, a boutique and bar.
Seattle Center Big Birthday Bash premier partners include: Bartell Drugs, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Coca-Cola, Microsoft, Seattle Center Monorail and T-Mobile. Funding and participating partners include: City of Seattle, KOMO 4 TV, Wells Fargo Advisors, U.S. Bank, Junior League of Seattle, Century Ballroom, Accenture and Puget Sound Business Journal. Dates, times and events are subject to change. Rides are limited and on a first-come, first-served basis, so visitors are encouraged to arrive early. Wristbands for free rides are available in advance of the Bash at participating Bartell Drugs locations. The Seattle Center Big Birthday Party sponsored by Bartell Drugs is a festive part of The Next Fifty, a six-month celebration of the 1962 Seattle World’s Fair. Anniversary activities continue through Oct. 21 and include events and attractions focusing on Arts, Culture and Design, History, Learning, Commerce and the Innovation Economy, and Civic Action. For more information on The Next Fifty and Seattle Center, visit www.seattlecenter.com or call 206 684-7200.
Posted: August 16th, 2012 under Center Spotlight.