Festal Glimpse of China May 18
Seattle Center Festál presents A Glimpse of China – Chinese Culture and Arts Festival, 11 am – 6 pm, Saturday, May 18, in Seattle Center Armory. Explore and experience the cultural roots and contemporary influences of China through live performances, visual arts, hands-on activities, foods, games, and a lively marketplace.
Learn Chinese folk dances, create delicate artworks, and share in cultural traditions covering 5,000 years of Chinese history. This year’s festival presents:
- Sunshine Modeling & Arts Studio;
- Nortwest Wushu and Seattle Wushu Center;
- Seattle Chinese Chorus and Seattle Kids Chorus;
- Seattle Chinese Orchestra;
- CHIME band;
- Entertainment by the following academies and schools: Zhenlum Cello Studio;
- Hengda Dance Academy, Chinese Dance Academy, Chinese Wushu and Tai Chi Academy, Wudang International Martial Arts Academy, Northwest Chinese School, Melody Institute Chinese Children’s Dance.
Seattle Center Festál, a series of 22 celebrations presented by community organizations with support from Seattle Center, considers themes of importance to ethnic cultures in our region, revealing their common forms of tradition and expression, while highlighting their unique contributions to the Pacific Northwest and the world.
A Glimpse of China – Chinese Culture and Arts Festival is produced in partnership with Washington Chinese Art Culture Committee. For more information on the festival, click on www.seattlecenter.com or call 206 684-7200 to learn more about Seattle Center Festál and other outstanding public programming offered at Seattle Center.